Re: Simulation of Radioactive Contamination

You wrote:

>I am working on an emergency exercise involving radioactive material.
Is there
>a method to simulate radiaoctive contamination?
>
>Thanks
>
>Kevin Roberts

We have found that Potassium Chloride (Morton's "No Salt") works fairly
well.  The K-40 can be seen with a pancake probe if it is spread fairly
densely and evenly.  Being naturally occurring, one also escapes the
regulatory hassles (and you can buy it at a grocery store).

Jim Barnes CHP(PR)
Rocketdyne Division, Rockwell International