Re: EMF Source Book Apology

Shelly,
>           Jim, et al.
>                The EMF info isn't owned by the contractor, however the way
>           the material is compiled is copyrighted. Yes, you can do that.

Yes. I know. It's been the topic of outraged discusiion in other forums I pay
attention to, and I presume too much about how much others know about the
background!  I agree strongly with the legal/political/moral arguments that
find the practice heinous (as a free info advocate). There have been some
discussions of some pretty grotesque political shenanigans about the
situation, not about EPA or any specific agency, but about Congress and
special interests that snuck some language in that turned this issue of
government info being owned by contractors on its head, supposedly while no
one was looking -- I'll join Nader's TAP (Taxpayer Assets Project) on this
one!

>                Its always good to hear from you Jim.  Would you like to
>           discuss my mother's combat boots while you're at it?  That's what

Shelly, I REALLY don't mean these remarks personally. I really mean that I
feel sorry for all of us working in systems and conditions not of our making
that we get tagged with having to live with, and even defend! And you are a
pleasant and positive contributor, and your mother is wonderful and has never
even considered wearing combat boots!  :-)

>           I get for trying to provide some info and I didn't even make a

I know its legal, and that you are just passing on valid info. And I
appreciate it.  I'll try not to take your contribution and good will for
granted when I make disparaging remarks about the horrible conditions that
have infected the "system", or the people who use and manipulate it for
personal and organization gain to the detriment of the public, and this is NOT
limited to the public sector! (though in this forum and topic of the costs of
rad protection at a few mrem/yr, it primarily ends up there, with their
supporting outside interests).

>           political statement.

Sorry. I should have said more about picking up on what is a very political
statement in other forums!  :-)

>                     Shelly Rosenblum
>                     EPA / Office of Radiation and Indoor Air
>
>           BTW: If you've been flooded out in the rains recently, we have
>           information on Indoor Air problems and solutions re: mold growth.
>           No! not radioactive mold.

Speaking of mold!!  :-)  I heard reports from Europe that the genetics of lung
cancer in uranium miners are showing that the cancer has genetic markers that
indicate the cancer is caused by spores from the early small, unventilated
mines.  It was indicated that the research will be published within the next
year.  Has anyone heard anything?