Re: The benefits of advertising

I believe the advertising referred to in the message from the moderator was not
regarding the CFR disk, though I may be wrong.  There was another message posted
before this all started in which the individual offered training services and
asked that the message be sent to a now familiar address (after looking it up).

Equivocating commercialization of RADSAFE to the postal service including junk
mail is not accurate.  I may not like the junk mail, but junk mail is the reason
my postage stamps cost so little.  This is a benefit to me.

Perhaps the entrepreneurs who would have a commercial internet system would
provide a service (that they paid for and maintained) that people felt justified
the cost to subscribe.  Perhaps a bulletin board for each company much like a
users forum.  Of course, the companies would probably not like to fund a display
of their soiled laundry to all current and potential users (which is probably
why many don't do it and I cannot blame them).

Because these forums are not provided commercially, we can do it here as we ask
about products and other questions without getting the Party Line.

I hope this doesn't lead to a discussion of Postal Rates.  I was merely using it
as an example.

Rob Gunter
ORNL

The above opinion is mine and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the
people who pay me.