Re: animal restraints

Melissa:

Got a response back from rec.pets.dogs.health.  Hope this helps:

Susie -

Usually - the restraint devices for small animals are the techs!! (with
lots of lead) But if the animal is tranquilized or anaesthetized
totally,
we use (at least where I work and study) gauze, rope, tape, styrofoam
blocks, and sandbags to position without personnel. There are companies
who make restraint devices for small animals, but I haven't seen any in
practices!!(too expensive, I guess...) I found the name and number of
one company in Veterinary Technician - a journal for vts.

	X-Ray Innovations, Inc.
	6325 Eaton Street
	Hollywood, Fla. 33024
	(305) 986 -2334