RADSAFE

     >can someone provide me with a source for information on exposure
     >rates per curie for Am-Be sources.

     >thank you

     >Paul Skierkowski,  RSO,  Univ. of Oklahoma

     Paul,

     Addendum to earlier message.  The dose equivalent rate from your
     source will be also a function of the facility in which it is used and
     the distance at which 'stuff' is irradiated (room return.)  A careful
     study is required, but the protocol is described by Schwartz, et. al.
     I think in an old NUREG or NIST document.  At any rate, Bob Schwartz,
     NIST can help (301-975-6203.)

     Rick Cummings      cumminfm@inel.gov

     Same usual disclaimer as before...