RSO administration

RADSAFErs:

I have a question that is similar to the one just posed by George Xu.
I am interested in hearing about the administrative organization of the
radiation safety office in institutions similar to mine. We serve the
hospital, medical school and the university. I would like to know who
the RSO reports to (eg hospital or university adminstration) and where
operating and capital budgets are administered. For comparison, the size
of your hospital and number of RS staff would be helpful. We also need
 to convince administrators of hte need for increased budgets at a time
of belt tightening. At the same time we are replacing an RSO and possibly
reorganizing hte administration of the Rad Safety Office.

Thank you for your help.

Ken Douglass, Ph.D.
interim RSO
West Virginia University Hospitals