Re: Hg+H3

We did some tritium in Hg tests at the Tritium Facility at LLNL about 4 or 5 years ago. The mercury was used to maintain the DP on our tritium gloveboxes, so it was exposed to some respectible levels of T2 and H3. When we decommisioned the boxes, we had hundreds of pounds of waste mercury to get rid of. I can't remember how much tritium we found, and the experimenter (a well known tritium chemist in the tritium community) retired a few years ago. Would you like me to try to find out? You will need to get access to LSC for your analysis\guesstimate.

Dave Taylor
HP Grad Student
SDSU