canadian research reactors

I have no idea if this is getting through. 5 previous attempts produced "not
delivered and mail error" messages. Can someone please tell me yay or nay?

So here it goes, again.

I am aware of at least 8 research reactors in Canada.  Of these, 7 are
small research reactors (Slowpoke) located at different university campuses:
 University of Toronto (Toronto, Ontario), Dept. of National Defence (Royal
Military College, Kingston, Ontario), Saskatchewan Research Council
(Saskatoon, Saskatchewan), University of Alberta (Edmonton(?), Alberta),
McMaster University (Hamilton, Ontario), Dalhousie University (Nova Scotia),
University of Montreal (Montreal, Quebec).

The 8th Canadian research reactor is deemed the most powerfull research
reactor in the world (PR-type talk).  This is the National Research
Universal (NRU) reactor located at  AECL's Chalk River Laboratories (Chalk
River, Ontario, Canada).

NRU has a average neutron flux of  about  3.5 E14 neutron per cm2 per s.
 With its many neutron beam ports and reactor loops, it can accommodate an
almost endless variety of experiments - from solid-state studies, seals,
material sciences, neutron activation and spectroscopy, fuel cycles, reactor

chemistry, to radioisotope production (we produce about 100 % of the
world market of Tc-99 (mainly for medical purposes) and up-to 80% of
the world market for various other radioisotopes).  You name it, we probably

can do it or have already done so in the past.

NRU is also designed to do controlled studies of loss of coolant accidents
and various fuel-destruction-type studies ( we have done these in the past
and are scheduled for more) while on-line ie. while the reactor is
operating, irradiate
gemstones (eg. the blue topaz), and silicon (for the chip-industry), etc.

While on tour, you can stand on top of the operating reactor and look down
into the water shielding.  Really neat! --  Cerenkov at its best!

Emelie Lamothe
Radiation Biology and Health Physics Branch
Chalk River Laboratories

I suppose that I should use the usual disclaimer.