Re: Tritium Control Data

Mr. Dunn,

>Having just received in 10Ci tritium gas in a glass ampule,

- similar, no doubt, to other glass ampules in which other amounts of
tritium gas may have been, or may yet be, delivered to all our institutions -

>we were able to easily see counts on a GM (pancake probe)
>[and obviously even more with a NaI(Tl)].

Then by all means, please share those meter responses with the rest of us.

GM:  How many cpm near surface of ampule?  How many cpm (same instrument) in
1 mrem/hr Cs-137 gamma source field?

NaI: How many cpm near surface of ampule?  How many cpm (same instrument) in
1 mrem/hr I-125 photon source field?

Those numbers might be helpful to us, conceivably.  Thanks.
Albert Lee Vest          The Ohio State University
Health Physicist                 B-042 Graves Hall
(614)292-0122                 333 West 10th Avenue
"Action brings good fortune" - Syd Barrett
"Rock n roll" - John Goodman     Columbus OH 43210
My employer did not review or approve this message.