Re: Tritium Control Data

Sorry, Albert.  I didn't clarify that this happened several years
ago.  I have no recollection of the actual count rates.

Wes

> Date: Mon, 1 May 95 14:11:58 -0500
> From: avest@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Albert Lee Vest)
> Subject: Re: Tritium Control Data
>
> Mr. Dunn,
>
> >Having just received in 10Ci tritium gas in a glass ampule,
>
> - similar, no doubt, to other glass ampules in which other amounts of
> tritium gas may have been, or may yet be, delivered to all our institutions -

Actually, it did happen like that, for us.  We were discussing the
issue, when I mentioned that we had 10 Ci sitting in our storage
waiting for delivery to a user on campus.

> >we were able to easily see counts on a GM (pancake probe)
> >[and obviously even more with a NaI(Tl)].
>
> Then by all means, please share those meter responses with the rest of us.
>
> GM:  How many cpm near surface of ampule?  How many cpm (same instrument) in
> 1 mrem/hr Cs-137 gamma source field?
>
> NaI: How many cpm near surface of ampule?  How many cpm (same instrument) in
> 1 mrem/hr I-125 photon source field?

NOTE: Due to changes in the world and the way
things are, my email address has changed to:
       wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us