Re: The currently accepted symbol for liter (l or L?)

On Wed, 3 May 1995, Andrew Welsh wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I would appreciating hearing from anyone on this list who is aware of
> international standards/documents which recommend the current symbol
> for litre.  It is a non-SI unit, so there is quite a bit of
> inconsistency around the world.

(material deleted)

Andrew -

Because of possible misunderstandings, one technical writer's guide with
which I am familiar recommends always spelling out the word.  The usual
USA spelling is "liter".

One might expect your question to start an interesting thread on the use
of non-SI units. ;-)

*      Rich Oesterling, CHP     ogr@twinpeak.inel.gov          *
*     "What opinions?  I'm not permitted to have any."         *
*    This isn't a signature.  I'm still working on one.        *