tritium (HTO) hazard.

> As an added note, in that emergency situation, the pathway giving the
> highest dose is direct skin contact with the liquid.  While skin
> absorption via airborne tritium oxide is comparable to the inhalation
> component, direct skin contact would be the overwhelming dose contributor.
>
> In typical cases where a few ml is being shipped, this is not much of a
> concern.  But is your shipping papers show several thousand liters, as ours
> will show when we ship our primary water for purification, it is a slightly
> different matter.

Don't swim in the pool!  What are the risks of the "skin dose"?  ( Ie, What is
the depth dose profile?  Does the surface exposure potentially result in a
"sun-burn"?  Do you get depth doses that have more specific potentially
adverse consequences? )

Is it fair to say "highest dose but not highest risk"?

Thanks.

Regards, Jim