5/8/95 Barnwell Update

The latest on Barnwell is...
The SC Senate approved the bill to allow the SC to withdraw from the
SE Compact.

The next step is the vote by the SC House.  It will probably be toward the
end of May.

One question asked earlier, "For years SC has appeared to be getting out
of  the LLRW diposal business.  Recently,  they appear to be trying to
get back in.  What happened?"
The only changes over the past few years is the Gov.  and Senate Majority
(both Republicans).  (Oops....are the Gov. and Senate Majority....)

Thank you Mr. Newberry for posting Gov. Beasley's speech on radsafe; however,
I believe your last sentence should have read... the Southeast Compact
Commission (SCC) voted today not to expell NC.  And yes,  that is still a]
true statement.

As news arises I will keep radsafe updated.

Charles Smith
Applied Radwaste Management, Inc.
803-926-8558
smithch01@delphi.com