"Violation" Policy for Nuclear Med. and Radiation Oncology

A few years ago, our Radiation Safety Staff developed an
"enforcement" policy for research laboratories.  This is basically a
point system where accumulated points result in a gradual increase
in the discomfort level for the individual in charge of a specific
lab group - we call them Permit Holders (PHs).  If enough points are
accumulated, suspension of permit activities may result.
Fortunately, we have reached that point only 3 or 4 times in the
past ten years.  While this policy was developed for our research
community, our Radiation Safety Committee recently raised a question
regarding how many deviations are acceptable in the clinical use
areas (i.e. nuclear medicine & radiation therapy) before some type
of "escalated enforcement" (to use an NRC term) is warranted.  Does
anyone out there have such a policy or any ideas?  We would like to
hear your opinions.  In return, we would be happy to share our
policy with anyone interested.

Usual disclaimers apply.