DOT Licenses

Hello, radsafers.

Here's a new one on me. I found out yesterday that we have to get a
license from the DOT (yes, the Department of Transportation) to launch
rockets from Vandenberg AFB and we have to report what radioactive
sources are on board. Do any of you know what regulations drive this
license requirement? Who do I contact to get a license? Any help will be
appreciated.

As always, please contact me directly. Thanks in advance.

I can see it now. We'll have to put license plates on the front and rear
of the launch vehicle. I hope I can get personalized plates. LMRT R US.

Donald P. Mercado, O/47-20, B/106      PROFS Nickname: DMERCADO
Radiation Safety Officer        Internet: Don@LMSC.Lockheed.com
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space            Tel. (408) 742-0759
Sunnyvale, Ca 94089                         Fax. (408) 742-0611