Re: Film Badge Efficiency at low energies

> 	Does anyone have an inkling as to the efficiency of
> film for a 5-7 KeV X-ray source?  Landauer has indicated that
> their film is sensitive down to 5 KeV, but I've been unable to
> get any additional information.

Dr. Day,
      I doubt if anyone other than Landauer can speak specifically
about their film's sensitivity to 5 KeV xrays.  There is a good book
on Grenz, or low energy xrays, for which I will give you a reference.
The book is entitled Grenz Rays: An illustrated guide to the theory
and practical applications of soft X-rays, by daniel Graham and John
Thomson.  Published by Pergamon Press, 1st Edition 1980, printed by A
Wheaton & Co. Ltd, Exeter, UK,  ISBN 0-08-025525.  I'm sure you will
find this book useful in making a determination.

               Russ Meyer
               Internet: cmeyer@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us
               tel: 512/834-6688
               fax: 512/834-6654