Re: Film Badge Efficiency at low energies

Obviously the response of the film will be a function of the wrappings
and other overlying material.  However, I suggest that you check some of
the standard albeit older references including Klaus Becker's
Photographic Film Dosimetry (Focal Press 1962); Hine and Brownell (1956);
to name two, and also Kase, Bjarngard and Attix, Vol 2. (1987) which
shows an energy dependence curve down to 8 keV on p. 341.  Spectroscopist
frequently use Cu targets which give rise to 8 keV characteristic x-rays,
as well as Fe (5.7 keV, I think), so you could glean some info from
standard texts (especially older ones).  I suspect the NOD per C/kg
(formerly roentgen!) at 5 keV will be about 2-3 times that of the 662 keV
photons associated with Cs-137 decay for a typical photographic emulsion
in paper wrapping.

Ron Kathren