RE: CHP Name Tags

Nolan Hertel wrote:

>In regard to Paul Frame's interest in seeing CHP on nametages at the Boston

>Meeting "very effective at indicating the status of those you happened to
be
>talking to."   Maybe those of us who have a PhD should have our status
>noted on our nametags as well?  But it takes more than a CHP, PhD, or
>whatever after your name to have true "status".  I hope that it attained by
>history of contributions to your profession.  Besides, one of the things I
>enjoy most about being a member of the HPS, in comparison with other
>societies, is the lack of a "class" structure at meetings.

Nolan, the problem with you is you don't think BIG enough. What we need is
microfiche on each nametag with the member's resume printed on it. Reading
it of course would be the problem. Do you politely ask to borrow the name
tag to read it on one of the strategically placed microfiche readers placed
thoughout the conference center, or perhaps we could hand out magnifying
glasses with the registration materials.  An even better solution would be
to create an on-line resume database. I have recently seen a pair of glasses
with a miniture computer screen display. The great thing about these
glasses, is that when your not using them as a computer screen, you can use
them as a television.

Let me know if you want more info on the glasses!

Regards, Jeff Kleck, BS, MS, PhD, PE, soon to add another MS, SOB