Barnwell Might Reopen to Outside States

Dear Radsafers:

Tim Tucker from PWN Environmental FAXed me an article from the June
14 issue of the Chicago Tribune, headline "South Carolina plants to
reopen nuclear dump to outside states".

Article says "...Gov. David Beasley asked the Legislature to reopen
it to everyone for up to ten years.......Barnwell will reopen on July
1...."

Anyone have any additional information or clarification of what is
happening.

I think the Tribune is a great paper, but...

Thanks

George Anastas
George Anastas, M.P.H., P.E., C.H.P., Director
Environmental Health and Safety and
University Radiation Safety Officer
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA  95819-6002
Telephone 916/278-6456
FAX 916/278-5960
anastas@csus.edu

"The views expressed herein are those of the
author and do not necessarily reflect the views
of California State University, Sacramento,
California State University, the State of
California or any of its political subdivisions.
This posting is disclaimed."