Ramp Industries Superfund Misc Info.

I don't think most of what I have sent out has gone to the Radsafe
bbs.  So I will repeat some stuff.
|TAB|First- If you have been asked to pick up Radioactive Waste and
are outside of the Rocky Mt. Compact [Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico]
you will need an export permit from Rocky Mt low level Radioactive
Waste Board. 303-825-1912.
|TAB|Second- Hazwopper certification is being asked to get onto the
site.  You may not need to however as drums can be staged for pickup
within sight of the fence.
|TAB|Third- It is possible to argue equivolent experience and training
compared to Hazwopper[hold the onions[;-}>]
|TAB|Forth- It does not SEEM that a transport permit or vehicle permit
is necessary.  I have not as yet confirmed this with Colorado Rad Control
Division.
|TAB|I am scheduled to go on the site 6 July for two reasons, A]  To try
and insure that no waste of ours remains, this is on advice from our
legal people, and B] to check the integrity of drums for another V
VA facility.
|TAB|If anyone has not been contacted and wants to get in touch with
the EPA, the contact is Mr. Tim Rehder 303-391-6975

I can't try and track down a bunch of drums for other people on govern-
ment time but will pas on anything I learn during my site visit.  I am
going to be on vacation week of 26 June and am going to try and shut
off messages from radsafe for that time.  Just can't deal with the
thought of 100+ messages when I get back.

DISCLAIMER-  I've tried real hard not to put any opinions up there, but
if there are any they are mine alone and do not reflect policy or opinion
of the Denver VA Medical Center, Dept. of Veterans Affairs, or U.S. Govern-
ment.  Peter G. Vernig, RSO VA Med Center, vernig.peter@forum.va.gov
303-399-8020.