Assisting in Physicist's Training

A question for all of you out there, particularly those in a
university/hospital setting.  If a physicist (not necessarily
health or medical) asked to work in your radiation safety office
for a few months to get some experience, how would you handle it?
This individual is preparing to take ACR certification exams, and
needs some radiation safety training and experience.

If you're generally short-staffed like we are, you have little time
to spend training other individuals who don't absolutely need it.
Do we charge for our services?   Any comments or suggestions would
be appreciated.

Mary Beth Taormina
Radiation Safety Manager
Virginia Commonwealth University