Release of I-131 patient

Some months ago I read a news report from the Boston area about an I-131
therapy patient who left a hospital and flew to Florida before she was
formally discharged.

Can anyone on the radsafe network please fill me in again with the details
of that incident?  In particular, was the hospital cited or penalised in
any way?  Were any new measures adopted to prevent a recurrence, or at
least minimize the chances, of such an event?

We nearly had such an incident here a week ago, and we are looking to see
what should be done about it, if anything.

Since this subject will be of minimal interest to the general radsafe
membership, please direct any replies to my e-mail address.  Thanks in
advance.

With regards,

--
P. Sridhar Rao, Radiology, CWRU / Univ Hosp of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio.
Tel: 216-844-1295.    Fax: 216-844-5922.    E-mail: psr@po.cwru.edu