Re: Standards For Leak Tests

Bruce Pickett wrote:

> I am looking for any industry, advisory group, or government standards
> regarding leak tests for radioactive sources
>
> Can anyone provide me with a reference where I can start looking for this
> information?

Another standard you might consider having a look at is ISO 9978.  This
recently published (1992) standard also addresses the issue of recurrent
testing - something not dealt with in the earlier source classification
standards like ANSI N542 or ISO 2919.  This new ISO standard will probably
become the basis for future regulatory controls -at least in this country.
Only problem is the cost of ISO standards - the're off the planet!

Michael Williamson                              ph +61 7 365 4504
Radiation Protection Adviser                    fax +61 7 365 1577
Occupational Health and Safety Unit
University of Queensland
Brisbane 4072
Australia