RE: Am(Be) and Pu(Be) Leakage

Since these types of leaks must be reported if they happen to a licensee,
you might try NRC.  Your question also brings to mind the following:

The last time we renewed our NRC license they made a change in the license
condition about leak-testing Pu(Be) sources. Previously we did not have to
leak-test sealed sources in storage. The new license specified we had to
leak-test Pu(Be) sources whether or not they were in storage. The exact text
reads, "Past experience with plutonium beryllium neutron sources has
suggested that sources should be checked for leakage even when in storage."
I suspect this new requirement is not unique to our license!