Re: P-32 Contamination at NIH

The little info I have is that it was a suspected sabotage.  Contamination
was found in a lunch room refrigerator and water cooler.  Approximately 2
dozen individuals were involved including one pregnant worker.  Intakes are
estimated at 200-300 uCi.  That's all I have seen so far.  Maybe an NIHer
can elaborate more.

Bob Loesch

>     There was a short article on Los Angeles Time this morning about P-32
>     contamination incident involving 25-26 workers at the National
>     Institute of Health in Bethesda.  Can anyone in Bethesda area shed
>     more light on this incident?
>
>     Thanks.
>     Tosh Ushino

        * Robert M. Loesch         U.S. Department of Energy *
        * DOELAP Administrator     EH-52, GTN, 270 CC        *
        *                          19901 Germantown Road     *
        * (301) 903-4443   voice   Germantown, MD 20874-0963 *
        * (301) 903-7773   fax                               *
        *           email: loesch@viper.eh.doe.gov           *
           Random number generation is too important a task
                      to be left to chance!

The preceeding message was NOT reviewed by my employer and
therefore represents MY OPINION ONLY and does not in any way
represent the policies or opinions of the U.S. Department of Energy.