Subject: Re: TLDs - False Positive Betas
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at hq2ccgw
Date:    7/19/95 9:41 PM

I haven't been in the TLD field for many years but I would expect very soft
x-rays, e.g.Grenz rays or x-ray diffraction sources to give a big reading
at the open window and thus be thought of as betas.
John Cameron

>Has anyone experienced "false positive" beta responses with
>their TLDs? We  have performed glow curve analyses on these
>our TLD users say that there is no beta. Any comments?
>
>Thanx
>
>Stu Torf
>torfsm@nu.com
>RP section
>Northeast Utilities
>203-665-5814
>
>P.S - whatever the standard disclaimers are, they apply.
John Cameron, 2571 Porter Rd., P.O. Box 405, Lone Rock, WI 53556-0405
Phones: Voice: 608/583-2160; FAX 608/583-2269. NOTE:During the winter
months Von & I will be at our winter home near the U.of Florida at 2678 SW
14th Dr., Gainesville, FL 32608 - Phone not yet installed. My e-mail will
be forwarded.