Chem Questions

Hello, all.

We once tried to send out some thorium oxide as a hazardous waste
shipment, and it tripped the waste facility's portal monitor. Talk about
an instant media circus! To make a long story boring, we retrieved the 2
lbs of powder and disposed of it as llrw. Now we use MSDSs to keep track
of who has what, and our waste contractor surveys all haz waste with a
microR meter before it leaves the site.

Donald P. Mercado, O/47-20, B/106      PROFS Nickname: DMERCADO
Radiation Safety Officer        Internet: Don@LMSC.Lockheed.com
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space            Tel. (408) 742-0759
Sunnyvale, Ca 94089                         Fax. (408) 742-0611