Medical Surveillance/Laser Safety Program

In an attempt to improve our Laser Safety Program here at the
University of Florida, I would deeply appreciate answers to the
following questions and also any comments in general about laser
safety programs:

1.  How many lasers Class 3b and 4 do you have at your institution?

2.  Does the Laser Safety Officer/staff handle the Laser Safety
    Training Program (ANSI Z136.1, Appendix D6.2), or is training
    performed by manufacturing representativess?  Both?

3. Is training provided for Incidental personnel AND Laser
    Personnel (ANSI Z 136.1, Section 6)?  Separate training classes?

4.  Do you perform Medical Surveillance required of Incidental and
    Laser Personnel as stated VERBATIM in ANSI Z 136.1, Section 6.3?
    Please describe any differences in your Medical Surveillance
    Program.

As these answers may be of interest to others, please answer me
directly at the address below and I will post a summary of responses
received to the list.

George Rawls
University of Florida
Health Physicist / Laser Sfety Officer