Re[2]: Finger rings and P-32

     Reply to Mike Coogen and Bruce Busby re: accreditation of extremity
     dosimetry systems.  There is now, no requirement for the accreditation
     of extremity dosimetry systems, but as Bruce states, it is a matter of
     time.  Currently, the NIST and DOE are awaiting the distribution of
     the ANSI standard governing performance testing of extremity dosimetry
     systems.  It is expected that the standard could be published as early
     as September (I believe that it is finished and ready.)  The National
     Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) and the DOELAP will
     implement accreditation programs this fall or next year (if the
     standard is published.)  The beta sources in the testing standard
     include 204-Tl, 90-Sr/90-Y and the uranium slab source.

     For further information you can contact Paul Martin (NVLAP) at the
     NIST (sorry, Paul for (mis?) representing you) or myself (DOELAP) for
     further info.

     Rick Cummings      (cumminfm@inel.gov)
     DOELAP Performance Evaluation Program Administrator

     Thoughts and opinions expressed above are my own, based on an aging
     memory among other things and don't necessarily reflect those of my
     employer.   *** that is, I can get in trouble quite enough on my own,
     thank you. ***