?Bioassay

 To: IN14994 --POST

 From: K.L.Classic
 Subject: ?Bioassay

 We would be very interested in the criteria medical or educational
 institutions use to determine when a bioassay is required for those who work
 with gamma emitting radionuclides, whether urinalysis or whole-body counting
 is the method of choice, and the frequency of positive results.

 At our institution, anyone who works with more than 10 mCi of ANY gamma
 emitting radionuclide in one calendar quarter must have a whole body count.
 For routine bioassay we rarely have a positive result.

 Respond here or privately to:

     classic.kelly @mayo.edu