Re: ??? Mass Atten Coef

Bruce,

        I think that the Hubbell tables are probably the best for that job.
The guys at ORNL will probably know if there is a more current set of
tables.  I don't think that the mass attenuation coefficient values will
change significantly even if the tables have been updated since 1982.

JERRY THOMAS

>Hi All,
>
>I hope someone knows the answer to this. I would like to know also, so
>please post to radsafe or send to me. My best gues would be Hubbell's
>tables, but the latest I have is 1982. Anyone have better?
>
>-Bruce Busby
>
>----- cut and Fwd'd -----------------
>
>From: rrgetz@des.dukepower.com
>
>I am looking for a good source of data of mass attenuation coefficients
>for calculations I am currently performing on a project
>for Rocky Flats.  Can you suggest the best/most current source?
>Thank you in advance.  Dick Getz
>

>name: Dick Getz
>choice1: Mr.
>phone: 704-382-3080
>work: Duke Engineering & Services, Inc.

Jerry A. Thomas
CAPT, MSC, USN
Chief Radiological Physics
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, MD  20814-4799

E-mail:  thomas@usuhsb.usuhs.mil
Phone:   (301) 295-3246