Re: Therapeutic I-131 waste

     I would recommend NCRP Report No. 37; PRECAUTIONS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF
     PATIENTS WHO HAVE RECEIVED THERAPEUTIC AMOUNTS OF RADIONUCLIDES...Mike
     Coogen sends

Subject: Therapeutic I-131 waste
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at hq2ccgw
Date:    8/31/95 10:13 AM

I have been asked to tackle the problem of I-131 in the
excrements of patients who are taking it for therapeutic reasons.
I know that most of the stuff stays inside the patient anyway
but I need some references or direction to any currently accepted solutions.
Are there any recommendations from ICRP or NCRP?

Thanks to everyone

Demetrios Okkalides