Re: Mixed Waste

>,

Whoever it is in the Navy that has posed this problem should contact Millard
E. Lewis, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, Code 500R at (206)476-3520.  This is
the parent shipyard for disposal of waste and this guy should be able to
help.

I assume since this was a message from San Diego that it may have been
discovered by a sub tender, of course I may me way off.

This may be classified under 49 CFR as Radioactive Material, n.o.s., 7,
UN2910.

As far as the A1 or A2 value for each nuclide, you may have to classify it as
special form and ship in a class B container, which takes a long time to even
figure out which to use and who to buy it from.

This only comes from my experience shipping RAM when in the navy on a
destroyer tender, and may differ from the views of Mr. Lewis mentioned above.