Dosimeter

The first question to ask: is this an occupational exposure?

It sounds like the dose is medicinal/theraputic.  Then the dosimeter should
placed where you *don't* want the radiation to go.  Hopefully, the beam is
collimated enough to minimize the risk to the rest of the body.

I would think doses to the thyroid can be measured in a better fashion than
with a dosimeter.

I don't think there is anything specificly written out (though I haven't
looked), your policy must demonstrate compliance with the various dose
limits.

Good Luck

Carl

  Carl A. Peterson                          Schlumberger-Doll Research
  e-mail:Peterson@ridgefield.sdr.slb.com    Old Quarry Road
  Phone: (203)431-5272                      Ridgefield, CT  06877-4108
  Fax:   (203)438-3819