Re: Dr. Walland -

Mea culpa.  I'm told that the fines for dumping cat litter at several vet
and regular hospitals in the USA have been in excess of $40K.  That ain't
chicken feed, but maybe it supports the point about histrionics and
totalitarianism . . .
Try checking with St. Francis in Trenton, NJ, or UCSF in San Fran.  They
apparently have a lot of experience with the "don'ts" when it comes to
treating feline type critters