Re: Cobalt-57

I think this was a reply sent just to me, but I know at least one other
person is interested, so I am forwarding this reply.

>Since Co-57 is not NRC-controlled, state regulations govern its use.
>Here in Ohio, for example, the Ohio Administrative Code specifies 100
>microcuries as an "exempt quantity".  Very likely there will be something
>similar, if not the same, in Connecticut.
>
>--
>P. Sridhar Rao, Radiology, CWRU / Univ Hosp of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio.
>Tel: 216-844-1295.    Fax: 216-844-5922.    E-mail: psr@po.cwru.edu

First, thank you for your reply.

Second, I will call Conn. D.E.P. which oversees what the NRC doesn't.

Thanks

Carl

  Carl A. Peterson                          Schlumberger-Doll Research
  e-mail:Peterson@ridgefield.sdr.slb.com    Old Quarry Road
  Phone: (203)431-5272                      Ridgefield, CT  06877-4108
  Fax:   (203)438-3819