Re: Your expert perspective...

The SI is a rational system of units which allows the expression of all
quantities (ie dose) in terms of the fundamental units of length, mass
and time.  One basis is to make everything a simple multiple; hence the
unit for the quantity activity is the Bq (in units of reciprocal seconds)
rather than the curie which is the rather odd 3.7 x 10E10 per sec.  Your
biology instructor needs instruction in physics -- specifically in
quantitites and units.

Ron Kathren