RE: Re[2]: Your expert perspective...

Litres per 100 km is not equivalent to expressing the "mileage" in square
metres since the litre is not interchangeable with metre; one is a volume
of length and the other relates to the volume occupied by one kilo of
water. It's the old freshman puzzler - one cc is not one ml.

John Harvey                            | McMaster University
Senior Health Physicist                | NRB-110
(905) 525-9140 ext 24226               | 1280 Main St. W.
harveyj@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca         | Hamilton, Ont Canada L8S 4K1