Film badge results

For some reason,  I'm full of questions today.

 We have just received our August dosimetry reports and there were
alot of whole body readings of 10-60 mrem ( which is highly unusual
based on our past reports).  Also we received codes on two of our lab
reports that stated misuse or damage to control badge.  This means the
company used  their own control badges which resulted in exposure
readings for all personnel in the two labs.  I remember a thread on
radsafe recently on erroneous ring badge readings.  Has anyone
experienced this on whole body film badges lately?  What could cause
damage to controls ( we do a physical inspection of the badges before
sending them to be read.)?  Thanks for inputs.
 My e-mail address: ldobbs@moore.admin.sc.edu

Lynn Dobbs
Radiation Safety Office
Univ. of South Carolina