Re: Need an RSO?

Annette:

My advice to both your queries is: you both need some training in the
safety regs.  Especially #2 requires in depth training.  If there is a
license, there has to be an RSO.  Find that person, and start asking
questons.

Carl

>Hello RADSAFERS,
>
>I hope this is the right list to ask these questions.  If not,
>would someone please point me in the right direction?  I have
>been lurking for over a week and you all seem to really know
>your stuff, so please bear with a beginner.
>
>1.  Does a lab need a full blown rad safety program if it uses
>    only Nickel63 ECDs?  What if some (or all) of those are covered
>    by a general HP license?
>
>2.  A colleague of mine is being asked to close out the NRC license
>    at her lab, which is being closed.  She knows nothing about
>    the field and is understandably nervous.  Any advice?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Annette Kubinec
>NOAA Howard Lab
>908-872-3011
>akubinec@sh.nmfs.gov

  Carl A. Peterson                          Schlumberger-Doll Research
  e-mail:Peterson@ridgefield.sdr.slb.com    Old Quarry Road
  Phone: (203)431-5272                      Ridgefield, CT  06877-4108
  Fax:   (203)438-3819