Dear Rad-Safe:

My name is Mike Stabin, although I am writing from James Stubbs' account.  This is the focus
of why I am writing.  I find it rather silly that your service will not accept e-mail from people other
than subscribers to your list.  I have had several requests for information referred to me (our
center specializes in information on internal dosimetry), but my attempts to respond of course
bounced.  If you wish to have responses to questions posted from folks who, although they don't
subscribe to your service, may actually have a substantive answer to give, then the service
should be open to accepting mail from outsiders, at least in response to already posted
questions.  We run a very busy center here, and I do not have time to sit and read dozens of
e-mail messages every day, so I do not subscribe to this or other quite interesting groups.
However I do at times have something of value to offer to its readers, and it seems to me that I
should be able to send it in directly.

As you should surmise, if you wish to respond to this (i.e. flame my drawers off), you will need
to do it directly (stabinm@orau.gov), as I will not read the responses on the list.

Mike Stabin
RIDIC
ORISE