Re:: CHP "Code of Ethics"

     I'm  playing "devils advocate" here so please follow  "your"
personal ethics and don't attack me personally....

     Does  anyone  REALLY think that a written "Code  of  Ethics"
ever  stopped someone from doing something if they really  wanted
to?

     PERSONAL ethics sure!

     Nevertheless  take a good look at a lawyer's code of  ethics
or  the  physician's  oath - or a congressman's  oath  of  office
or......we all know how well they've been followed - just look at
the news media!!

     Do  you  think  that this proposed "debate" is going  to  be
worth the space on your monitor's screen?  I think not.

     Print  your rules if you feel you must, but I feel that most
people  will  feel that they're an archaism.  All of us (I  hope)
know  what  ethical behavior is (although we all  have  different
perceptions  of  what that entails) and all of us, I  hope,  will
continue  to  function  to the highest standards we can  hope  to
achieve - our own, not what someone else tells us THEIRS are.

     Joel Baumbaugh (baumbaug@nosc.mil)
     NRaD
     San Diego

     STD  disclaimer - these thoughts are my own and not those of
my supervisors, the Navy or the Federal Govt.