Re:: CHP "Code of Ethics"

>     I'm  playing "devils advocate" here so please follow  "your"
>personal ethics and don't attack me personally....
>
>     Does  anyone  REALLY think that a written "Code  of  Ethics"
>ever  stopped someone from doing something if they really  wanted
>to?
>
>     PERSONAL ethics sure!
>
>     Nevertheless  take a good look at a lawyer's code of  ethics
>or  the  physician's  oath - or a congressman's  oath  of  office
>or......we all know how well they've been followed - just look at
>the news media!!
>
>     Do  you  think  that this proposed "debate" is going  to  be
>worth the space on your monitor's screen?  I think not.
>
>     Print  your rules if you feel you must, but I feel that most
>people  will  feel that they're an archaism.  All of us (I  hope)
>know  what  ethical behavior is (although we all  have  different
>perceptions  of  what that entails) and all of us, I  hope,  will
>continue  to  function  to the highest standards we can  hope  to
>achieve - our own, not what someone else tells us THEIRS are.
>
>     Joel Baumbaugh (baumbaug@nosc.mil)
>     NRaD
>     San Diego
>
>     STD  disclaimer - these thoughts are my own and not those of
>my supervisors, the Navy or the Federal Govt.

I would hope that this thread would address questions in the gray areas of
radiation safety.  What ALARA means to us, THEM, the public, and radiation
workers.

Carl

The standard disclaimers apply to the above!

Carl A. Peterson                          Schlumberger-Doll Research
  e-mail:Peterson@ridgefield.sdr.slb.com    Old Quarry Road
  Phone: (203)431-5272                      Ridgefield, CT  06877-4108
  Fax:   (203)438-3819