Transport & Security of nuclear shipments

Hi all,

I thought I would see if anyone knew the answer to this inquiry
before calling NRC.

Is anyone is familiar with an NRC policy, directive, statement etc.
(or know where I can find it) regarding the security measures
taken to ensure the safety of nuclear material or waste shipments
(specifically spent nuclear fuel)-(not weapons or the like).

DOE has directed me to an official NRC announcement but can't locate it.

We are not looking to determine specific measures taken (nor could we)
but simply a way to answer this question for members of the public and
elected officials here in South Carolina.

We intend to convey that the best security measure to prevent sabotage,
terrorism etc.  is the secrecy and obscurity of the times, routes and the
like of the shipments themselves.

Thanks in advance and more detailed info can be obtained by e-mailing me
or calling me at (803) 792-1461

Kerry Pate
patekp@musc.edu
Medical University of South Carolina