CHP "...standards for ethical conduct..."

The Foreword of the AAHP "Standards for Professional Responsibility for
Certified Health Physicists" reads, in part:

"These principles are the standards for ethical conduct...."

Article I.A reads:

"The CHP shall support the purposes and activities of the American
Academy of Health Physics (or the Academy)."

Perhaps I am dense, so I wonder if someone could enlighten me as to how
this requirement promotes "ethical conduct".

*      Rich Oesterling, CHP      *
*     ogr@twinpeak.inel.gov      *
*    #include <disclaimer.h>     *
*  Get Really Warped - Get Unix  *