Re: College Research Campus RSO's

According to John C White:

> RADSAFers on College Campuses,
>   Has the issue of security of radioactive materials research laboratories
> ever been discussed or an issue on your campus?  How do you restrict, in
> policy, access to your laboratories?  What is the reality of the access?
> Do non-radioactive materials laboratories have the same policies?  If you wish
> to reply directly, email me at OHJCW@UTXDP.DP.UTEXAS.EDU

Yes, this is an ongoing issue.  We have posted special signs on
doors reminding users to secure lab when no one is in lab, some
research areas have chosen to secure whole hallways with
keyless cypher locks, etc.  One can only go so far, research
labs value the freedom to freely visit one anothers labs and
exchange ideas, information in the interest of research.
Tightly "locked and chained" doors are not easily accepted in
this environment.