Radsafers,

I brief note about the NIH incident.  THe FBI is involved and thinks it may be deliberate.  Nothing
else is public info as yet.  David Mozley's comments about the mental status of the woman may
have merit, particularly if she has been taking advice from the pool of radical radio-phobes we
are all familiar with.

As a note, I would not believe the levels of ingestion reported by ORNL (up to 800 uCi P-32)
would produce any physical symptoms.  The only thing that can produce the hysteria she is
conveying is a desire to be compensated for the ingestion, the desire to get publicity, or the
desire to remain in the country long after her and her husband's visiting visas expire.  China ain't
such a pleasant place to live and work if you are a scientist (especially comapred to NIH).

'nuff said by me.

James Stubbs
Radiation Dosimetry Systems of Oak Ridge