Contamination Control? (Ref: 49CFR173.443)

     Hi folks,

     I may be missing something in the wording of this part of the Code but
     I've been wondering what "Other methods of assessment of equal or
     greater efficiency" means?  And further, why does there seem to be a
     kind of "allowable range [Table 10 limit - up to 10 times the limit]"
     when using the "Other method of assessment?

     You can respond to me directly via e-mail since this may not be
     relevant to the majority of the RADSAFERS unless they're actively
     receiving/shipping radioactive materials.

     Tad Blanchard
     NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center
     Tad_Blanchard@ccmail.GSFC.NASA.gov