S-35 Volatility

     Amersham and Dupont have both produced literature mentioning the
     volatility of products of S-35 compound reactions. Specifically
     mentioned, I believe (I can't find the Amersham article ) were cysteine
     & methionine. I haven't seen it but Meisenhelder & Hunter in a 1988
     Nature (335:120) article discuss volatile S-35. Dupont's handling
     precautions say charcoal is an effective adsorbant. Billups-Rothenberg
     inc make a system to absorb radioactive gasses generated during
     labeling experiments.

     ralph.north@mail.admin.wisc.edu