the public.  Where is the "Rush Limbaugh" for nuclear energy?Personally,
I don't think the frightened public would believe any non-conservative
theory without first being positively nuclear PR program.

*** Reply to note of 10/17/95 07:28

From: Joel T. Baumbaugh
To: RADSAFE --INELMAIL RADSAFE

Subject: Re:: linear hypothesis
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 95 17:49:25 -0500
Sender: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
From: "ALDEN N TSCHAECHE" <XAT@inel.gov>
To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>

You wrote:
****  Radiation  protection standards are not "scientific."  They
never  have  been. The ICRP and NCRP have taken such levels  over
those  time frames is, in fact, harmful, I think it is  unethical
and  immoral  to frighten members of the public into  thinking  a
little radiation, no matter how small can and will hurt you.

****It  is  even worse for knowledgeable individuals to let  that
idea  remain  loose in the world. If scientists,  regulators  and
other  knowledgeable people would, in a concerted manner, work to
eliminate  the corruption of the idea that a little radiation MAY
cause  harm  into a little radiation WILL cause harm, I might  be
more charitable toward the hypothesis.

     I agree, I agree, I agree.... - whole heartily!!!!!!!!!!!!!